Twitter Weekly Updates for 2010-05-30
- @mdales Does the FT iPad app enable the accessibility features or is it completely locked down? in reply to mdales #
- Loving the HTML5 watch keeping an eye on cool examples of using the tech http://html5watch.tumblr.com/ #
- Software East talk in Cambridge June 24th about iPhone development http://software-east ...
Twitter Weekly Updates for 2010-05-23
- I think tomorrow I'll have to work out how to build VirtualBox Open Source Edition for Windows. Found some helpful docs http://bit.ly/bkKYY8 #
- And WebM gstreamer is almost ready… http://www.collabora.co.uk/press/2010/05/join-google-webm-project.html #
- Some article was saying about "can one video ...
Google’s New Font Service
Video Codecs That Don’t Make You Go Grey
Great news today, Google are open-sourcing and more importantly free patent licensing the VP8 codec. As part of this they are creating the WebM project with a new container format that uses the open-source Vorbis audio codec.
As someone who has to deal with video codecs every day and the ...read more
So I took the company iPad on a weekend holiday to my parent’s house. My ulterior motive was to find out whether it really was accessible, and by that I mean for people with audio and visual impairment.
My mother is registered as deafblind (contrary to what spell checkers ...read more
Twitter Weekly Updates for 2010-05-16
Gaming For Linux
Good news for video acceleration on Linux
There are VA-API backends (in the project libva) for Intel chips, VDPAU for nvidia (and allegedly S3) chips and XvBA for AMD chips ...read more
Twitter Weekly Updates for 2010-05-09
- gstreamer conference 2010 in Cambridge http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/conference/ I have to go. Must think of a talk to do… #
- I wish I lived in West Bromwich East http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4oNjTuTz-8 he'd get my vote. #
- Comics + Economic Crisis = The Adventures Of Unemployed Man http ...
Humble Indie Games Pack
WebKit keeps me spinning round
Twitter Weekly Updates for 2010-05-02
The Many Faces Of WebKit
I’ve been back into the belly of the beast investigating different implementations of WebKit again. So I thought I’d share some of the things I picked up about them.
Obviously the Apple implementation is the cream of the crop for speed an features. In fact the Mac OSX ...read more
I discovered a way to consistently crash xorg using the nvidia driver. Open webkitgtk, close it, wait fiver seconds, open it again, rinse and repeat for 15 minutes. Boom xorg explodes. Go look at the logs and you have a stack trace telling you something went wrong. As far as ...read more
Start Me Up
This may turn out to be one of those hollow promises again, but I am going to get this blog up and running again even if it kills me. The baby is sleeping (and snoring) upstairs so I have time, unless I am forced to do cleaning.
So what is ...read more
Yesterday at the University of Hertfordshire was the first Unicon – the Unicomics Comic Convention organised by Danny Graydon. It is the closest comic event to Cambridge I can think of, and it was jam packed with the cream of small-press creators.
So I spent the day strolling around spending money ...read more
Bizarre Journey To The Sun
Camvine Is Hiring
The Great Display Power Saving Debacle
We are supposed to be concerned with our power consumption. After all California has enshrined in law restrictions on the power usage of televisions.
Working for a digital signage company I have to deal with a lot of displays. The initial hardware platform only had VGA output, great, power saving ...read more