Git Tool For OSX -GitXFri 03 October 2008 by Garry Bodsworth
There is a new Git tool out there for the Mac called GitX. It is a history viewer with a nice looking Aqua interface which makes a welcome change from the look of Gitk. It probably doesn’t quite reach qgit but that website has been very quiet for quite a while.
GitX has the following features:
- Show pretty information for any revision
- Nice Aqua interface
- Quickly search for any commit subject / author
- Explore tree of any revision
- QuickLook any file in any revision
- Double click any file or directory in a tree to open that version
I hope that there is at least one fully featured UI for Git eventually that compares to TortoiseSVN because it will make my life a lot easier. This looks like a very string start for the Mac though, although there are loads of UIs out there being developed, but they all normally use different ways of building their own porcelains.